- Something or someone that one vehemently dislikes.
- A person or thing detested or loathed.
- A vehement denunciation; a curse.
- One that is greatly reviled, loathed, or shunned.
I spend a minimum of ten hours a week in my car commuting to and from work. That is the equivalent of roughly 22 days a year! Rather than listening to the same twelve songs that seem to be the fad on all radio stations, I’ve found that the most productive and entertaining way to engage my brain during this commute is listening to audiobooks.
As a result of the app infested 21st century, there is a free, convenient, and legal way to do this! The digital distributor OverDrive offers over 2 million titles that you can borrow, all you need is a public library card.
My younger sister told me about this app during the Fourth of July weekend when I was visiting her. In just two months I’ve listened to seven books and just started my eighth. I highly recommend this app to anyone who enjoys reading but cannot always find the time to engage in the activity. Whether your listening in your car or while lounging at home in your sweatpants cleaning, this app is great for keeping your mind entertained while doing the monotonous tasks of life.
If you are curious of the types of titles available, below is the list of books I’ve listened to through the OverDrive App.
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
- Veronica Mars: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham
- Gathering Prey by John Sandford
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
- Postcard Killers by James Patterson & Liza Marklund
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Birdman by Mo Hayder (currently listening to)