Individuals who believe they are possessed need psychiatric and medical attention not a religious exorcism.
10 Reasons that explain the mental and physical conditions often associated with demonic possession that have absolutely nothing to do with malevolent supernatural beings or God:
- You are having an allergic or unfavorable reaction to a medication (could be something as common as aspirin) or something environmental.
- You are dehydrated.
- You are sleep deprived.
- You are suffering from malnutrition.
- You have a fever.
- You have a mental disorder such as schizophrenia.
- You are suffering for anxiety or paranoia.
- You spend excess amounts of time in sensory deprived scenarios.
- You have watched one too many horror films (Brought to you by William Friedkin, Ed Gass-Donnelly, Renny Harlin, William Peter Blatty, Scott Derrickson, Daniel Stamm, etc.)
- You are a religious fraud pretending to cure a “possessed” individual in order to gain a following.